If you’re living with HIV in the greater Cleveland area, there are free legal services available to help you with a variety of common legal problems. Our friends at Nueva Luz Urban Resource Center provide free legal services to people living with HIV or AIDS in Cuyahoga, Medina, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula counties.
The center provides a full range of legal services, from referrals and consultations to full representation and courtroom appearances.
Free legal services from Nueva Luz
Nueva Luz attorneys assist clients with a wide variety of civil matters, including:
- Wills and estate planning
- Advance directives such as living wills, and both healthcare and financial powers of attorney
- Tenant representation including eviction defense
- Name changes
- Civil rights and discrimination
- Identity theft
- Tax delinquency
- Employment and labor disputes
- Applications for Social Security or other benefits
- Creditor harassment issues
- Consumer law
- Immigration issues
- Driver’s license suspensions
- Unpaid court fines and costs
- General contract disputes
- Removing crimes from criminal records
All services are free and completely confidential and are provided independently from case management services at Nueva Luz. If you believe you may need legal assistance, call the legal department at Nueva Luz at (216) 651-8236 and ask to speak to paralegal Sara Hastings. Or you can email Sara at [email protected].
Come join our private, stigma-free, supportive community.
Health management tools with medication & appointment reminders.
Social networking in a community conversation & private chats.