Positive Peers is a private social media application (hereinafter the “Application”) being developed by The MetroHealth System (“MetroHealth”) Compass Services Program, in collaboration with Blue Star Design and Blackbird. The Application is intended for youth and young adults living with HIV and will feature information, social networking and self-management tools to support HIV-related, holistic care. Currently, the Application is only available to MetroHealth patients.
Use of Your Personal Information.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. By downloading the Application you agree that Positive Peers may collect certain information from your use of the Application to assist in Positive Peers-related research efforts. Positive Peers may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to facilitate and enhance your use of the Application, to provide you with information and services requested through the Application or Web Site, and as otherwise permitted by law. Positive Peers may develop a confidential user profile for you, which will be used to facilitate your use of the Application. Positive Peers may keep a record of all communications with you.
Additionally, Positive Peers will use and disclose your protected health information in accordance with MetroHeath’s Notice of Privacy Practices. Positive Peers will maintain your protected health information in confidence and will not disclose it to any unaffiliated third party unless you authorize that person/entity to receive your health information or the intended use or the disclosure is permitted by law.
Please review the MetroHealth Notice of Privacy Practices and the Positive Peers Informed Consent form for a further explanation of how, when, and why we use and disclosure your personal information.
Positive Peers may also collect and receive the following information via its Web Site or the Application:
- Account creation information. Users provide information such as an email address and password to create an account.
- Application usage information. The Application may store details regarding your use of the Application, including administrative and support communications with us, your communications with other users, links and features of the Application you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any are made available).
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Application on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices may be collected in accordance with permissions that you set. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Log data. When you use the Web Site or Application, we may record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or the Application sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Web Site, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Web Site or Application, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Google Analytics. Both the Web Site and Application use Google Analytics features for internal Positive Peers program use only. The information collected will not be sold or shared outside of any program partners, and will only be used to improve your experience. You may opt-out here.
Positive Peers has technological and operational security functions in place to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. The data you may provide via the Application or our Web Site is shared only with authorized employees of MetroHealth, and on a limited basis, with partners of MetroHealth or Positive Peers who supply information management services or program partner services, and any third parties in association with such. Access to your information is limited by need, and those who have access to the data have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information. In addition, we may disclose personally identifiable information as may be required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process.
The Application is not directed to children under age 13 and only MetroHealth patients age 13 or older may enroll to use the Application. If you learn that a child under 13 is using the Application or has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
All electronic messages sent and received within Positive Peers that contain your personal health information are subject to state and federal laws governing the security and confidentiality of medical records. Furthermore, we will comply with Government guidelines, or laws, regarding protection of your privacy both now and in the future.